L’Or de Valmy 2022 75 cl
Natural Sweet Wines / Natural Sweet Wines
Brilliant color with intense golden reflections.
On the nose, complex notes of exotic fruits and white flowers, sweet spices such as cinnamon.
In the mouth, ample, a beautiful freshness, with a touch of vanilla.
To be served chilled at 10-12°C as an aperitif, with foie gras, cheese, cream desserts, fruit salads, dry cakes.
10 ° – 12 ° C
1 to 5 years in "young" profile
|Bottles per year
Muscat à Petits Grains
20 HI / Ha
|Food and wine pairings
Blue cheese, fruit salad, pear tarts
AOP Muscat de Rivesaltes
|Couleur / Type
Sweet Wines, white
Gold at the International Competition of Muscats of the World
- A single plot planted exclusively with Muscat à petits grains is used to make this cuvée.
- Facing the sea, exposed to the rising sun. Particular care is given to green work, disbudding, removal of part of the foliage on one side of the row and maintenance on the other, so that the clusters ripen in the best conditions.
- The development of ripening is monitored carefully because the weather can be hot at the end of August and cause a rapid increase in the sugar content in the berries.
- The harvest occurs as soon as the sugar content of the berries reaches 15% Vol. which is the minimum necessary for the production of Muscat de Rivesaltes.
- The harvest of this plot is done exclusively in the morning to bring fresh grapes to the cellar. It usually takes place at the end of August or the very first days of September.
Winemaking and aging
- He is very careful on these grapes because the berries may have wilted during this long ripening.
- As with white or rosé vinifications, the berries are separated from the stalk and fall into the press by gravity. The juice flows gradually and is subject to regular tastings. It is immediately refrigerated.
- After clarification, fermentation starts under very precise temperature control. It will last about a week before the mutage occurs. This specific operation in the production of natural sweet wines consists of adding a determined volume of alcohol to stop fermentation.
- The density at which this addition will be made will condition the sugar content of the wine.
- The aging of Muscat de Rivesaltes takes place exclusively in vats for a few months because bottling takes place in May – June of the year following the harvest.