Château Valmy Blanc 2022 75cl
AOP Côtes du Roussillon / White
The freshest plots because the soil is deeper or the sunshine shortened by the shade of the Massif des Albères are chosen for the production of this wine.
The nose is intense with notes of white flowers, white flesh fruits and vanilla.
In the mouth, a beautiful unctuousness, a lot of fullness with a nice freshness.
Serve chilled at 10-12°C with shellfish, white meat, grilled fish, cheese.
10 ° – 12 ° C
|Bottles per year||
Grenache Blanc and Marsanne
45 Hl / Ha
|Food and wine pairings||
Grilled fish, white meats and fresh cheeses
|Couleur / Type||
AOP Côtes du Roussillon
- The freshest plots because the soil is deeper or the sunshine shortened by the shade of the Massif des Albères are chosen for the production of this wine.
- The cultivation practices implemented favor the maintenance of leaves around the bunches so that they are less exposed to sunlight and thus preserve the freshness of the grapes.
- The development of ripening is monitored carefully because the weather can be hot at the end of August and cause a rapid increase in the sugar content in the berries.
- The harvest of these plots only takes place in the morning to bring fresher grapes to the cellar.
Winemaking and aging
- After passing on the sorting table, the berries are separated from the stalk and fall into the press by gravity. The juice flows gradually and is subject to regular tastings.
- After clarification, fermentation starts under very precise temperature control. It will last two to three weeks.
- The maturing of the white wines takes place exclusively in vats for a few months because the bottling takes place in February – March of the year following the harvest to offer the new vintage in the spring.