Secret de Valmy 2019 75 cl
IGP Côtes Catalanes / Red wine
A deep red color, close to garnet.
On the nose, a mixture of aromas of ripe red fruits, slightly jammy, vanilla notes, slightly toasted.
The mouth is the expression of the marriage of the grape varieties of the South West which bring freshness and power with the famous terroir of the Albères.
To be served at 17-19°C with red meat, in sauce, stew, beef rib, cheeses.
17 and 19°C after decanting
Aging potential of 15 years
|Food and wine pairings
Red meats in sauce, matured prime rib, stews.
|Couleur / Type
IGP Côtes Catalanes
|Bottles per year
- The plots were created after clearing a small hill overlooking the cellar and the rest of the vineyard.
- These are small plots of about half a hectare. The choice was made of high densities, as in the largest French vineyards of Champagne, Bordeaux or Burgundy.
Winemaking and aging
- The start of the harvest is decided when the tasting of the berries reveals complete maturity.
- The grapes vinified in new 500L barrels, full vinification.
- These are generally the last VALMY harvests, at the beginning of October.
- The harvest, transported in approximately 15kg crates, is sorted manually on arrival at the cellar, then destemmed and lightly crushed.
- They are monitored daily through tastings provided by the cellar master. Aging lasts about 18 months in new French oak barrels. The final blend is decided after a tasting where only the best barrels are selected. After bottling, the wine is aged for 3 years in the bottle before being marketed.